Link Vision, originally named Aid for the Blind, was founded in 1968 by Reverend Elsie Dodd and her husband Gordon Dodd. Elsie still has a very active interest in the charity she established so many years ago.
Follow this link for our history. Their mission was simple, to improve working conditions and provide affordable self-contained living accommodation.
To provide good quality, affordable residential accommodation for people with low or no vision and to advocate for better educational and vocational opportunities for children and adults with low or no vision.
- Today we manage 40 independent living units in Fairfield, Brisbane and raise funds by operating opportunity shops, and with the help of generous Queenslanders.
- In 2009 we completed building 6 new units at our Fairfield site.
- We have also joined with Griffith University for research into educational methods for people who have low or no vision.
- research on the combination of government and industry assistance to provide meaningful goals and expectations,
- the improvement of old and development of new technology in Braille and computers
- Link Vision is grateful to Griffith University for undertaking this research on its behalf.
We are a self-funded charity who needs your help to achieve the highest possible expectations for meaningful employment and future opportunities for people with low and no vision.
The more of you who join our vision the stronger we can become to achieve these goals that are affordable and readily available to all persons with low and no vision. Link Vision is asking for your interest and involvement to better the lives and futures of people with low or no vision by raising their expectations for the future.
Please go here to donate your time, money or resources, or call us anytime.
Introducing our new video
The video was filmed at our Accommodation complex in Fairfield, our Warehouse at Kedron, our Geebung Op Shop, and at Mt Gravatt State School. Many of the people in the video have Low or No Vision. We are very grateful to all those who gave their time and made it possible - our Residents, Staff, Volunteers, Board members, Education Mentors, Mt Gravatt State School, our beautiful Student and her Parents, and of course our Film Maker Adam, who gave up so much of his time.
Please enjoy 'This is Link Vision'.
As part of our 2016 achievements, Link Vision raised enough funds to do a complete renovation on some of the units ... read moreLink Vision Op Shop Store Changes
Our Deception Bay shop has moved from our old location, across the road to unit 2, 81-85 Bailey Road, Deception Bay. ... read more